SnotzzzBlog -------------- Venting Since 1973

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Controversy Abound

I have loosely been following the trial of George Zimmerman for allegedly murdering Trayvon Martin. I have read countless posts in the comments section of ABC News and CNN, not to mention all the posts on Facebook about it.
What strikes me the most about this whole thing is how quickly everyone, EVERYONE, that has commented is judging one way or the other. I have read things that make me sad about living in America, and embarrassed for people because they clearly don't have a sane thought in their simple minds.
People are carelessly throwing around "facts" that Zimmerman is a racist and sought to find a young Black man to kill (seriously, someone wrote that shit on Facebook!!!); Trayvon was high as a kite and sought to fight a white man; Trayvon was an innocent little child that was only walking to his dad's house after getting a snack of Skittles and iced tea; Zimmerman is a wannabe cop and all cops hate blacks. Yup, Americans at their finest.
I would like to say I'm surprised by people's responses to news posts about the trial, but the only thing that surprises me is the stupidity and ignorance of people. But then again, I guess I'm not so surprised because people are mostly just dumb as hell.
The mainstream media portrays Trayvon as this nice little boy that couldn't possibly ever do any wrong. They portray Zimmerman as some sort of racist monster that couldn't make it into being a real cop, so he had to become a rent-a-cop. There has to be truth in both portrayals, but there is also truth that isn't being reported by the media because they seem to LOVE keeping Americans at each others throats, especially when race is involved. I have seen images of Zimmerman as a clean cut, hard working guy with a family. I have seen images of Trayvon with his pants sagged down and his hat tilted a certain way with no shirt on while flipping off the camera with both middle fingers extended....not to mention some of the posts he put up on Facebook and Twitter. Those hardly paint the picture of the saintly little boy that all of the media outlets keep plastering on tv.
Do I know that Trayvon was a thug? Absolutely not. Do I know that Zimmerman is a racist? Absolutely not. Do I think that this is a cut and dry case of murder? Absolutely not. This is a complicated case because the defendant, Zimmerman, claims he acted in self-defense when Trayvon was fatally shot. Trayvon can't tell his side of the story. Zimmerman has millions of people that want him dead because they refuse to see anything other than a non-black killed a black.
The Black Panthers have come out and said that if Zimmerman is not found guilty, that black people should riot and murder white people. I wish someone would explain how that is helpful to anyone. It seems that any black person with any means of celebrity are calling for the same thing. Jamie Foxx recently was on Saturday Night Live as the guest host and went on a rant during his monologue stating that in his movie 'Django Unchained' that "I got to kill all the white people. How black is that?" and it is great to "butcher white folks".
Yup, classy.
Then there are the white racists that see only what they want to see. Some say that Trayvon was nothing more than a little thug trying to act tough. Others say he got what he deserved.
The biggest difference  between the black racists and the white racists is that it seems to be cool and acceptable to promote violence and hate towards white people. And the simple minded fall for it in the biggest way. Ignorance is a dangerous thing. Acting on ignorance is even more dangerous.
How are people raising kids now that there is more hate than ever? When did it become acceptable to openly call for rioting and random murder? Is this the 50's and 60's all over again with roles reversed?

I asked if there was this much outrage and hate directed towards black when OJ "allegedly" brutally killed Nicole Simpson and Ron Goldman. I honestly can't remember. But I do remember that all hell broke loose in LA when four white cops were acquitted in the savage beating of Rodney King. King came out and pleaded for the rioting and violence to stop, but he was ignored.

Imagine for a minute that the roles were reversed in the Zimmerman-Trayvon case. If Trayvon were an armed security guard and Zimmerman was a kid that did whatever Trayvon did to get Zimmerman's attention, what would the reaction from people be, if Trayvon had shot Zimmerman?
Would the President have gotten in front of a camera and said that "If I had a son, he would be exactly like George"? Would the 'civil rights' activists be going batshit crazy that a young multi-racial man was gunned down by a black security guard?

Here is what I believe: Race is obviously still a touchy topic in America. But why is it that there isn't the outrage and calls for action when blacks murder other blacks? Why isn't there any national backlash when a white murders another white? Why isn't there frenzied media coverage when any murder occurs, regardless of race involved? And why is this particular case being crammed down our throats?

Why isn't there this much intense media coverage of government cover-ups in case where innocent Americans lost their lives in Benghazi and Fast and Furious? White Americans, Black Americans, Latino Americans are being force-fed all sorts of bullshit in the Zimmerman-Trayvon case, but literally NOTHING is being reported about the shenanigans that the Obama administration have been engaged in. NOTHING is being covered about how Monsanto Corporation is systematically gaining control of what is planted by farmers and what ends up on our plates.

There are so many bigger issues that aren't being covered than whether or not George Zimmerman is guilty of second degree murder.



-->
Google

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
counter