SnotzzzBlog -------------- Venting Since 1973

Friday, June 14, 2013

Been far too long

Well, I have decided to get back into this blog thing a little bit. It has been about 3 years since I have posted anything and for some reason, tonight at almost midnight, I have decided to start up again.
Yes, I wrote about all sorts of topics that came to mind and this won't be any different.

Tonight I am watching the Big Ten Network replaying the Michigan-Notre Dame game from 2011, the first ever night game at Michigan Stadium. This game is among my favorite for several reasons, but at the top of the list is because it was one of the last games I attended with my Dad. He was diagnosed in August of 2011 with stage 4 melanoma. He was looking forward to this game since it had been announced. At first I was going to try to talk him out of going, but it felt so wrong to keep him from going. As it turned out, I will treasure the memories I have from that game as much as any game or event he and I ever went to. No, he wasn't the same, and I knew he wasn't feeling his best, but my Dad wasn't one to give up. He was a tireless worker whether in the yard, on the house, or for GM.

On Veteran's Day (November 11th, 2011) my Dad lost his brief battle with cancer. When he was diagnosed it had spread through his lungs, lymph nodes, and brain. He never said he was in any pain and tried to be as pleasant as possible. No, he wasn't ornery or pissy or anything like that, he was just....Dad. Still thinking of everyone but himself.
No, it isn't any easier now than it was three and a half years ago to write or talk about it all.

Six months later, my father-in-law passed away after a lengthy battle with emphysema. That was not easy on any of us either. Around the same time, we found out that we were expecting our second child. It was a bright spot in an otherwise shitty year. Until a few months later when we went for the first trimester screening and didn't see any movement or hear a heartbeat, when at six weeks we had. At eleven weeks this baby didn't make it. It made a horrible year even worse, but our first son was great therapy and medicine.

Colin is 3 now and amazes us every single day with his creativity, problem solving, and humor....not to mention his smarts! He goes out of his way to try and make us laugh. When we laugh at something he says or does, he does it to death trying to get us to laugh again!!!

We have had to endure to more miscarriages and it is at the point now where if we aren't able to have any more kids, at least we have Colin....but we would absolutely love to give him a brother or sister to play with and look out for.

There has been so much that has gone on these past few years that I may get into over the next few weeks, but in the here and now, I have some thoughts on current events locally and nationally.

First, for those that don't know my political leanings or how I feel about politics, let me be absolutely clear: I am completely offended by how politicians have gotten comfortable in screwing over the American public.
The latest happenings have created quite the party divide in this country and you constantly see Republicans and Democrats going back and forth, but what BOTH parties don't seem to realize that all the bitching, name-calling, and whining aren't helping anyone out. The collecting of cell phone calls and data from a whole lot of regular Americans as if we were terrorists plotting or something is not what the intent of the original Patriot Act was supposed to be. Instead of actually trying to protect Americans, it seems as if this President is hell bent on bringing us all to our knees while giving OUR rights to illegal immigrants and those that hate us and want our way of life to end. What the hell did democrats think was going to happen? And all this anti-personal defense stuff? I'm sorry, but the Second Amendment was written and exists to insure our personal safety. The current government regime wants to take that away from us. By stockpiling ammunition and making it more difficult to find affordable ammo, they have effectively handcuffed those of us that they swore to protect.

Ha! I have gone from being emotional about remembering the game my Dad and I went to, to being pissed off at the government! But at any rate, this is just a few of the thoughts I have had on my mind lately and It feels good to get it written out.

Hopefully I'll be able to bring more of these blogs more regularly and please click on the ads from time to time. I'm not sure that I'll have a job in the Fall and times are tough!!!

Thanks for reading.
Snotzzz

-->
Google

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
counter