Baby Chronicles
Well as most of my friends and family know, Bianca and I are now expecting our first kid. We weren't trying to not try, and we were pleasantly surprised when we got the confirmation that we are going to be somebody's parents!!!
On this past Friday we went for the first ultrasound and saw our half centimeter baby and heard its heartbeat, which was just amazing. It wasn't a long listen but the ultrasound technician said that it was a healthy, strong heartbeat :)
Now the hardest thing for me is going to keep from going out and buying a bunch of stuff for the baby!!! Well, we already got the Michigan mobile and my parents got the 'Jock-in-the-Box' which are absolute necessities in a Michigan crazy house!!!
Yesterday my neighbor and I went to the Michigan Brewers Guild Beer Festival in Ypsilanti to take in a great day of great beer from all over the State. We really did have a great time and had some really phenomenal beer, but remembering which one was the best was kinda tough. But the one I enjoyed the most was one that tasted like caramel and chocolate...from what brewery I can't remember, but it was easily my favorite. The best name for a beer, that also happened to be a helluva great beer was from a brewery in Warren...the Blueberry Panty Dropper.
And a funny thing happened after the beer festival, my neighbor and I ate at the Blue Tractor in Ann Arbor, which was really good by the way, and were walking back to the car when he saw the Moosejaw store. He had never been in one, and asked if I minded going in, which of course I didn't. He is really into kayaking and hiking so it was kind of cool hearing him talk about what products were good and which were shit. Then I saw a stroller that Bianca had talked about and so I started pushing it around and getting a feel for it. It folds up really easily and isn't too heavy, so I asked the guy working how much it was. He went and checked the computer and said that it was either $399 or $499 and I just kind of laughed and said 'thanks anyway' and started to walk away. He said that he would check the basement to be sure and after a few minutes he walked back up and said that it might actually be $299 if it was a Fall '08 model, and I said "hell, if you knock another $100 off I'll take it right now!" and he laughed and went to check the basement for the box and the computer again. He returned a few minutes later and said that he couldn't find the box and that there wasn't anything to confirm which model it was, so my neighbor started in on him a bit, "well you know that it's black and silver so that means it's a fall model" "we're in a recession, did you know that?" and was basically trying to soften the kid up!!! Finally after yet another round of checking he came back and said that he couldn't find the box or anything else for the stroller so he would sell it at the $299 price and I asked what else he could do to bring that down a little bit and he said that he could take another 10%, and I told him to ring it up. The funniest part is after I paid for it, we went out the back door and an older couple had this look of 'holy shit, we are actually watching someone take a stroller'...it really was hilarious, especially when we kept telling them we had the receipt!!!
The bad part about this is how sick Bianca has been feeling all the time. She absolutely hates to puke, but that is what she has been doing a lot of at night. She feels nauseous all day and not much seems to help. I am hoping that this part of her pregnancy changes for the better, because it sucks seeing her so sick and miserable all the time.
On this past Friday we went for the first ultrasound and saw our half centimeter baby and heard its heartbeat, which was just amazing. It wasn't a long listen but the ultrasound technician said that it was a healthy, strong heartbeat :)
Now the hardest thing for me is going to keep from going out and buying a bunch of stuff for the baby!!! Well, we already got the Michigan mobile and my parents got the 'Jock-in-the-Box' which are absolute necessities in a Michigan crazy house!!!
Yesterday my neighbor and I went to the Michigan Brewers Guild Beer Festival in Ypsilanti to take in a great day of great beer from all over the State. We really did have a great time and had some really phenomenal beer, but remembering which one was the best was kinda tough. But the one I enjoyed the most was one that tasted like caramel and chocolate...from what brewery I can't remember, but it was easily my favorite. The best name for a beer, that also happened to be a helluva great beer was from a brewery in Warren...the Blueberry Panty Dropper.
And a funny thing happened after the beer festival, my neighbor and I ate at the Blue Tractor in Ann Arbor, which was really good by the way, and were walking back to the car when he saw the Moosejaw store. He had never been in one, and asked if I minded going in, which of course I didn't. He is really into kayaking and hiking so it was kind of cool hearing him talk about what products were good and which were shit. Then I saw a stroller that Bianca had talked about and so I started pushing it around and getting a feel for it. It folds up really easily and isn't too heavy, so I asked the guy working how much it was. He went and checked the computer and said that it was either $399 or $499 and I just kind of laughed and said 'thanks anyway' and started to walk away. He said that he would check the basement to be sure and after a few minutes he walked back up and said that it might actually be $299 if it was a Fall '08 model, and I said "hell, if you knock another $100 off I'll take it right now!" and he laughed and went to check the basement for the box and the computer again. He returned a few minutes later and said that he couldn't find the box and that there wasn't anything to confirm which model it was, so my neighbor started in on him a bit, "well you know that it's black and silver so that means it's a fall model" "we're in a recession, did you know that?" and was basically trying to soften the kid up!!! Finally after yet another round of checking he came back and said that he couldn't find the box or anything else for the stroller so he would sell it at the $299 price and I asked what else he could do to bring that down a little bit and he said that he could take another 10%, and I told him to ring it up. The funniest part is after I paid for it, we went out the back door and an older couple had this look of 'holy shit, we are actually watching someone take a stroller'...it really was hilarious, especially when we kept telling them we had the receipt!!!
The bad part about this is how sick Bianca has been feeling all the time. She absolutely hates to puke, but that is what she has been doing a lot of at night. She feels nauseous all day and not much seems to help. I am hoping that this part of her pregnancy changes for the better, because it sucks seeing her so sick and miserable all the time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home