SnotzzzBlog -------------- Venting Since 1973

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Summer Vacation

Well it's been an interesting several months since I last posted. I applied for and got a job at a charter school in Detroit teaching Middle School Health and Phys Ed.
I knew going in it wasn't going to be easy, but damn was it ever an experience!!! I averaged breaking up a fight and a half PER DAY. The lack of equipment was surprising and the overall attitude of the kids was about what I expected. But it is a job and unless something comes up over the summer, I'll be back there in the fall.

With the job came the opportunity to get a new car and replace the 170,000 mile grand am, which was an outstanding car. Reliable and a really good handling car. Buuuuuuuuuut, I needed to upgrade. I had been scouting several different cars and had decided that the choices were the Malibu, the G8, the Saab 9-3, and a couple of SUV's. After setting a price point the list was trimmed a bit, but the one that stood out the most based on looks and price was the G8, so I went and drove one. Wow. That was all I could say about that car. And my mind was made up. So I started pricing models and options and packages and determined that the v6 was the most "logical" choice. Just about a week or two ago from now I went to the Pontiac site and priced the GT and found that the price I paid for mine was the exact same as the GT right now. Oh well. No 6 litre monster for me...probably just as well when taking the cost of insurance, gas, tires, and tickets into account.

So far, I absolutely love the car and have looked into making some subtle modifications that I will talk about another time, but suffice to say, the car will only be better with the mods.

Well, I'm running out of energy to keep typing tonight, so I'll leave you with this:
Summer is here, the weather is getting better, and the grill is getting almost daily use. Long live summer :D











Google


































Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
counter