Last of the Year
I know, I know, I haven't stayed on top of this blog as much as I would have liked over the year. But that is what you get when you have equal parts laziness and busy schedule. Priorities switched from blogging to packing, then moving, then moving again.
We are in our new house (since late August) and are enjoying it very very much. There are still a lot of things to unpack but we will get it done shortly. Last night we had some ridiculously strong winds (the news reported that we had 55-65 mph gusts) and lost power for a few hours, which was no big deal.
Ok, The Michigan Wolverines aren't going to a bowl game for the first time in 33 years. I am not happy about that, but if it takes a miserable 3-9 season to reach the level we all believe we should be, then so be it. There are a lot of people, both inside and outside of the program that are still bitching about the hiring of Rich Rodriguez. That irritates me because of the circumstances. He came in a blew up everything that Michigan has known for the past 40 years and is building it his own way. He inherited an awful corps of quarterbacks, inexperienced receivers, and injury/fumble prone running backs...not to mention an abysmal offensive line. Yeah, there were flashes of what to expect and the defense that was supposed to carry the team imploded.
Now we are watching bowl games and following recruiting and also the search for a new defensive coordinator. Names that are being tossed around are Corwin Brown (please no), Dick Bumpas (why? he's 4983875 years old), amongst others thhat may or may not be qualified. Apparently the job is Jay Hpson's if he wants it, but he hasn't made that call. It is known that he wants to be in the south, where he is from, and if his heart isn't in being here I can't hold it against him if he turns it down. Frankly, I could step in and do no worse than Shafer.
On the bright side, Michigan Basketball is relevant again! We have seen huge upset wins against then-#5 UCLA and then-#5 Duke, while only suffering 2 losses to that same Duke team and a very solid Maryland team (which probably should have been a win). It's nice to see a revival...hopefully we see a similar return to relevance next year in football. Personally, I feel that a successful season for the football team will be 5-7 wins, which is completely realistic. Realistic? Absolutely...simply because of the guys that return have a year of experience in Rodriguez's system and know what to expect in the off-season, pre-season, and then during the season. Hell, it can't be any worse than 2008.
I get all my information from the insiders at GoBlueWolverine.com and one thing I can promise is that when they break, leak, or report news regarding Michigan Football, I won't claim it as my own. Nor will I pretend to be an insider. If they report news that is 'board only' material, don't come looking hereto get a scoop. The insiders there are the absolute best in the business and they don't need a wannabe taking credit for what they bust their ass to report.
So for 2008, this is it. If there are any topics that you want to get my take on, email me at dsarns@hotmail.com or if you just want to give me your opinion about what I vent on, feel free.
Have a great 2009. I know I will.
We are in our new house (since late August) and are enjoying it very very much. There are still a lot of things to unpack but we will get it done shortly. Last night we had some ridiculously strong winds (the news reported that we had 55-65 mph gusts) and lost power for a few hours, which was no big deal.
Ok, The Michigan Wolverines aren't going to a bowl game for the first time in 33 years. I am not happy about that, but if it takes a miserable 3-9 season to reach the level we all believe we should be, then so be it. There are a lot of people, both inside and outside of the program that are still bitching about the hiring of Rich Rodriguez. That irritates me because of the circumstances. He came in a blew up everything that Michigan has known for the past 40 years and is building it his own way. He inherited an awful corps of quarterbacks, inexperienced receivers, and injury/fumble prone running backs...not to mention an abysmal offensive line. Yeah, there were flashes of what to expect and the defense that was supposed to carry the team imploded.
Now we are watching bowl games and following recruiting and also the search for a new defensive coordinator. Names that are being tossed around are Corwin Brown (please no), Dick Bumpas (why? he's 4983875 years old), amongst others thhat may or may not be qualified. Apparently the job is Jay Hpson's if he wants it, but he hasn't made that call. It is known that he wants to be in the south, where he is from, and if his heart isn't in being here I can't hold it against him if he turns it down. Frankly, I could step in and do no worse than Shafer.
On the bright side, Michigan Basketball is relevant again! We have seen huge upset wins against then-#5 UCLA and then-#5 Duke, while only suffering 2 losses to that same Duke team and a very solid Maryland team (which probably should have been a win). It's nice to see a revival...hopefully we see a similar return to relevance next year in football. Personally, I feel that a successful season for the football team will be 5-7 wins, which is completely realistic. Realistic? Absolutely...simply because of the guys that return have a year of experience in Rodriguez's system and know what to expect in the off-season, pre-season, and then during the season. Hell, it can't be any worse than 2008.
I get all my information from the insiders at GoBlueWolverine.com and one thing I can promise is that when they break, leak, or report news regarding Michigan Football, I won't claim it as my own. Nor will I pretend to be an insider. If they report news that is 'board only' material, don't come looking hereto get a scoop. The insiders there are the absolute best in the business and they don't need a wannabe taking credit for what they bust their ass to report.
So for 2008, this is it. If there are any topics that you want to get my take on, email me at dsarns@hotmail.com or if you just want to give me your opinion about what I vent on, feel free.
Have a great 2009. I know I will.
Labels: 2008, 2009, Bowl, football, michigan, rich rodriguez

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home