SnotzzzBlog -------------- Venting Since 1973

Sunday, March 2, 2008

Timing and Stuff

Sorry everyone, I know it's been a month since my last entry, I'll try to be more consistent with my entries from now on. I'm not trying to make excuses for the long delay but February was a very interesting month.

I took a long-term subbing position as a Media Information teacher and will have that through the end of the school year, which is nice because of the extra money and time of service I will put into this particular district. I like the fact that it is a stable job for at least a few months, but who knows, it might lead to a permanent job that has benefits and a better rate of pay!

A funny thing happened on the way to the grocery store on President's Day. I was sick as hell and hadn't been out of the house in two days when I agreed to go to the grocery store to get some things for the week. Just as we were about to walk out the door my dad called and asked if we could come pick he and my mom up from Sears because they had locked their keys in the car. Now my dad NEVER locks his keys in the car, unless it is in Gatlinburg or Camaro Superfest, but he did this day. So Bianca and I went to their house to get the spare set of keys and took them to my parents. Then we had lunch when my mom mentioned that there was an article in the paper about a builder that was selling ranch homes from $149,900 and asked if we wanted to go look. I felt like hell warmed over but figured I would be in the car so it didn't matter. So we went and to be honest, we weren't expecting anything special, but what we found blew us away. There was a model open and we asked if this was related to the article in the paper but it was not. This particular builder had sold some of the lots to the other guy but was selling homes and lots too.
Anyway, we walked through the model (a colonial) and we couldn't get over how great the floorplan was, so we asked how much this model was going for. We were expecting to hear $225,000 or so but when the girl told us that the house was under $185,000 we almost choked. Then we drove around the area and looked at lots and determined that there was one we liked and decided to ask about putting a deposit to hold the lot while we got our stuff together and thought if this was something that we could legitimately do. At this point I was really feeling like crap so I stayed in the car while my parents and Bianca went into the model to ask about the deposit. After a while I started wondering what the hell was taking so long, but I kind of figured that they were asking more questions. Then they came out and Bianca handed me a sheet of paper and said "we just put a deposit down to hold the lot" and the only thing that I could say was "huh". Nothing like "ok" or "really, cool". "Huh". Hey I was sick! Anyway, we went home and started to crunch some numbers and figured that we could do it. So we went back the next day so I could ask some questions and take another look around. I couldn't get over how much the builder was including in the base price of the house. First, he is a certified Green Builder so we are getting a house that is environmentally friendly and efficient. Second, he is including some Maytag appliances and granite countertops. There is so much more than that, but everything that we are getting with the price is just mind numbing!

So we are building a 1600 square foot home on a lot that is almost 14,000 square feet for less than $200,000!!! There isn't anything used that we could get for that price, let alone a brand new build with all these amenities. So to say that we fell into a great situation is the understatement of the year,and we couldn't be happier!!

Elections
I can't wait for these damn primaries to end and to that extent, the entire election season.
I am done with Hillary and her BS and insults. I am done with Obama and his trying to take the high road. What we need is someone in charge that isn't trying to sell themselves or their religious beliefs but instead what we need is someone that has a track record of success in business and policy. I don't know who that might be, but I sure as hell know it isn't Hillary. Yes, when Bill was in office the country was fiscally a better place, but the cost of that prosperity was the first terrorist attack on American soil since Pearl Harbor. The trail of controversy that follows the Clintons is as long as their quest for political power, and that is scary because they will do anything to gain that power. Now I'm not saying that there is a better candidate running for the White House, but Hillary in office is not what this country needs. Why? Because she won't be able to do anything for the people except scam the American people for her own financial gain.
King Kwame
And the political situation in the City of Detroit isn't any better! Kwame Kilpatrick lied under oath during a whistleblower trial and has cost the City millions of dollars because of his constant misuse of a City credit card, frequent text messages (almost 15,000!!!), and complete disregard for the citizens of the city he runs. When he was elected he was dubbed "The Hip-Hop Mayor", a title that clearly went to his head, and there were reports of a wild party at the city owned mayoral home where a short time after a stripper was killed. There is speculation that the investigation into her murder was swept under the rug and not given the attention it should have, which is now also hounding the Mayor. There isn't much else that can bring any more humiliation or embarrassment to the City, but I'm sure Kwame can find a way.

Red Wings
The Wings snapped a 4 game losing streak tonight in Buffalo. Why is this news? Because the Wings now have just 2 victories in their last 11 games. Injuries have decimated the starting lineup, but that is no excuse because every single player in the organization should be ready to step in and play at the NHL level. Yes there have been some bad breaks and poor calls, but that should be expected from a league run by a basketball man instead of a hockey man. Let's hope that they can feed of their effort tonight and get back to the blistering pace they were on before the injury bug hit, and so these young guys can take their experience and build their careers from here on.











Google


































0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
counter