Michigan vs West Virginia
I have obviously followed the Michigan coaching search very closely and the hiring if Rich Rodriguez too. The WVU fans flooded the Michigan message boards on Scout.com with a lot of hate and venom directed at Michigan, our fans, Rich Rodriguez, and the University Administrators. All because their coach left in a less than honorable way.
I have sympathy for those moronic "fans" that threatened and berated Michigan because they just don't get it. They don't get anything that has to do with life, and they are the ones that are setting the bar for our view of the entire WVU fan base.
I posted a question on their board recently and it wasn't insulting them or their state or their university. I simply wanted to know where the hate for Michigan came from. Does it come because they just don't like us or does it begin and end with Rich Rodriguez? The first few responses were expected and mindless. But then there were some of the more intelligent and well thought out responses that helped me understand their feelings about how Rod left. The able minded WVU fan is pissed that Michigan didn't ask for permission to speak to either Beilein or Rodriguez before we signed them away. They are pissed because they feel betrayed by Rod after last year's situation where he almost bolted for Alabama, but the boosters and alums threw a bunch of money to keep him in West Virginia and he stated that he was going to be there for a long, long time. Apparently a year is a long, long time in West Virginia! They are pissed that he is contesting the $4 million buyout and feel that he isn't honoring his end of the bargain.
Look, I don't pretend to know what the contract says or whether or not Rod took or shredded anything, but I find it interesting that Bill Martin isn't saying a word about this whole mess. He made a big deal about doing the right thing and asking for permission to speak to Les Miles, but he didn't do that with Beilein or Rodriguez.
Only time will tell what really happened when Rodriguez left WVU, but I maintain that he had a better job offered to him and he didn't waste any time taking it, just like anybody would, but because of the Alabama confrontation last year WVU and their fans are left dangling in the wind.
Look, I really hope that everything works out great for both schools and everyone involved, but I doubt that this is going to end amicably.
I have sympathy for those moronic "fans" that threatened and berated Michigan because they just don't get it. They don't get anything that has to do with life, and they are the ones that are setting the bar for our view of the entire WVU fan base.
I posted a question on their board recently and it wasn't insulting them or their state or their university. I simply wanted to know where the hate for Michigan came from. Does it come because they just don't like us or does it begin and end with Rich Rodriguez? The first few responses were expected and mindless. But then there were some of the more intelligent and well thought out responses that helped me understand their feelings about how Rod left. The able minded WVU fan is pissed that Michigan didn't ask for permission to speak to either Beilein or Rodriguez before we signed them away. They are pissed because they feel betrayed by Rod after last year's situation where he almost bolted for Alabama, but the boosters and alums threw a bunch of money to keep him in West Virginia and he stated that he was going to be there for a long, long time. Apparently a year is a long, long time in West Virginia! They are pissed that he is contesting the $4 million buyout and feel that he isn't honoring his end of the bargain.
Look, I don't pretend to know what the contract says or whether or not Rod took or shredded anything, but I find it interesting that Bill Martin isn't saying a word about this whole mess. He made a big deal about doing the right thing and asking for permission to speak to Les Miles, but he didn't do that with Beilein or Rodriguez.
Only time will tell what really happened when Rodriguez left WVU, but I maintain that he had a better job offered to him and he didn't waste any time taking it, just like anybody would, but because of the Alabama confrontation last year WVU and their fans are left dangling in the wind.
Look, I really hope that everything works out great for both schools and everyone involved, but I doubt that this is going to end amicably.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home