Here's to a Great '08
With the BCS Championship Game tomorrow college football's screwiest season ever will finally be over. It's funny how fast this season went by and how much of the unexpected was expected, but still managed to be unexpected! So many #1 and #2 teams lost this year that there have never been so many position changes on the history of college football. NASCAR doesn't get this many position changes!!! But at least Michigan ended the season on a high note. That's all that really matters!
The Lions ended their season last week by doing what they do...lying down. After they got off to a hot 6-2 start, they went into the tank and reminded the fans that they are in fact the Lions and are destined for failure. Not even mediocrity but straight up failure!
The Tigers made a huge trade at the beginning of December and I am really excited about the upcoming season at COPA.
The Pistons are coming off a disappointing loss to Boston, but hey, we beat them in their gym so they were just returning the favor. But the Pistons have absolutely been on fire this season and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they get back to the NBA Finals. The starters are playing better than well, the bench is deeper with better talent than when they won in '02, so to say that this team is loaded is a big understatement.
The Red Wings are the hottest team in the NHL and just keep rolling. They have another legit shot at the Cup this year, as long as they can keep getting stellar goaltending and production from the top of the roster down. Thats what makes this Wings team different, they get production from everyone not just the big names, but even the guys that are still wet behind the ears and the old codgers.
Switching topics a bit, I was shocked that Obama and Huckabee carried Iowa. I don't care for the candidates in either party, but I wouldn't be surprised a but if Obama becomes the next President. I like his fire and willingness to cross party lines to get things done. But honestly, as long as Hillary Rotten Clinton doesn't get elected, I don't really care who does because it has to be an improvement from GWB.
OK, I'm done with politics for now. I find the NFL's Wild Card Weekend a bigtime bore. Yes it is NFL Football, but the games that we had this weekend were crap games. OK, maybe the Jacksonville last second field goal over the Steelers was cool but I don't care in the least about these games until the Patriots play again. I want them to run the table and win the Super Bowl. Not because it is the 'in' thing but because I never thought I would see an undefeated team in the NFL in my lifetime. What the '72 Dolphins did was nothing short of amazing, but that doesn't compare to what the Patriots will have accomplished if they win it all. Why? Because the NFL is so much tougher now than it was in '72. Players are bigger, faster, stronger, and smarter and are able to play at such a higher level than teams 36 years ago. The way the Pats just toy with defenses is comical and their own defense isn't too shabby either! Yes, it is a bonus for me because of the Michigan Alums that are on that roster and that Tom Brady is putting together the best season any NFL quarterback has ever played.
Well, until next time. Give me your feedback this year, I think there was only one or two people that gave me feedback in 2007!
The Lions ended their season last week by doing what they do...lying down. After they got off to a hot 6-2 start, they went into the tank and reminded the fans that they are in fact the Lions and are destined for failure. Not even mediocrity but straight up failure!
The Tigers made a huge trade at the beginning of December and I am really excited about the upcoming season at COPA.
The Pistons are coming off a disappointing loss to Boston, but hey, we beat them in their gym so they were just returning the favor. But the Pistons have absolutely been on fire this season and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they get back to the NBA Finals. The starters are playing better than well, the bench is deeper with better talent than when they won in '02, so to say that this team is loaded is a big understatement.
The Red Wings are the hottest team in the NHL and just keep rolling. They have another legit shot at the Cup this year, as long as they can keep getting stellar goaltending and production from the top of the roster down. Thats what makes this Wings team different, they get production from everyone not just the big names, but even the guys that are still wet behind the ears and the old codgers.
Switching topics a bit, I was shocked that Obama and Huckabee carried Iowa. I don't care for the candidates in either party, but I wouldn't be surprised a but if Obama becomes the next President. I like his fire and willingness to cross party lines to get things done. But honestly, as long as Hillary Rotten Clinton doesn't get elected, I don't really care who does because it has to be an improvement from GWB.
OK, I'm done with politics for now. I find the NFL's Wild Card Weekend a bigtime bore. Yes it is NFL Football, but the games that we had this weekend were crap games. OK, maybe the Jacksonville last second field goal over the Steelers was cool but I don't care in the least about these games until the Patriots play again. I want them to run the table and win the Super Bowl. Not because it is the 'in' thing but because I never thought I would see an undefeated team in the NFL in my lifetime. What the '72 Dolphins did was nothing short of amazing, but that doesn't compare to what the Patriots will have accomplished if they win it all. Why? Because the NFL is so much tougher now than it was in '72. Players are bigger, faster, stronger, and smarter and are able to play at such a higher level than teams 36 years ago. The way the Pats just toy with defenses is comical and their own defense isn't too shabby either! Yes, it is a bonus for me because of the Michigan Alums that are on that roster and that Tom Brady is putting together the best season any NFL quarterback has ever played.
Well, until next time. Give me your feedback this year, I think there was only one or two people that gave me feedback in 2007!

2 Comments:
I agree with you on a lot of your thoughts...especially Tom Brady and the Pats!! Keep on blogging...we are listening. :)
By
Anonymous, At
January 6, 2008 at 10:11 PM
thanks anonymous! thanks for the support, i really appreciate it.
dave
By
Anonymous, At
January 7, 2008 at 11:16 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home