SnotzzzBlog -------------- Venting Since 1973

Monday, December 3, 2007

Now What?

Well this has been an interesting weekend and new week. First we get permission to speak to Les Miles, and then Kirk Herbstreit shoots his load prematurely and announces that Miles and John Tenuta are a package deal coming to Ann Arbor. Everything seems right with the world because we are getting the coach that wants to be here and the best defensive corrdinator in the country, in the same day. Then all hell breaks loose and Miles holds a presser to angrily deny the report from ESPN. People are still holding out hope for Miles to come to Ann Arbor at this point and then the scumbag LSU AD announces that he has agreed to a new contract for Miles. Damn. People are still holding out hope because they think this is smoke and mirrors. It's not the mirrors.

Two days after that circus I still feel like Michigan and its fans were blindsided by Skip Bertman, the athletic director at LSU. He played Bill Martin like a violin and despite the money that is thought to be involved in the new Miles deal, he is looking like a savvy general manager for the Yankees or Red Sox. But don't be fooled, he took Bill Martin's honesty and integrity and used it against him in a very dishonest way. What makes him think that Miles won't bolt in a few years anyway, now that his family is financially more secure than it was last week? What makes him think that he is not going to get burned by someone in the future? You know what they say about karma and paybacks.

Today people are talking about coaches such as Jeff Tedford, Chris Peterson, Jim Grobe, Jon Gruden, Brian Kelly, and others. It seems that people forget just how irresponsible ESPN was just two days ago, but they are thinking that UCLA is a more popular job than Michigan!!!
I am concerned that Kirk Ferentz's name is still being mentioned. I am VERY concerned that Mike DeBord's name is being mentioned. I'm not so concerned that Brian Kelly's name is being mentioned simply because I would rather have him and his weirdness over DeBord or Ferentz any day. Ferentz makes almost $3 million a year and hasn't done anything to justify consideration for the Michigan job.

I have reached the point where I want a solid coach with a solid background to come in and run things in a different way than what has been going on over the last few years. I want a guy with some new ideas to come in and clean house, and put his stamp on this program.











Google


































Labels: , , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home


 
counter