In Rod We Trust
Well Michigan finally got a coach, after a month of what seemed like complete ineptitude, Bill Martin and Mary Sue Coleman landed the big name that they wanted. As what seems to be their third choice, but who's counting. I was telling a friend of mine that I wasn't really sure how I felt about the hire and that while I'm happy the search is over, it seems that there are just as many questions now as there were before Rodriguez was hired. Who from the current staff stays? Who goes? Who comes with Rod from West Virginia? But as with the search, all questions will be answered in time.
Rich Rodriguez has put together a pretty good resume over the last 5 years, going 32-5. But he got off to a bit of a rocky start when he first took over, going 3-8 his first year. He said that there were WVU fans at the airport when he left last night saying things like "Yoiu better not go 3-8 in Ann Arbor" and "O, H" which seemed to confuse the 18th coach in Michigan history. He said "The hecklers let me know that yesterday, as well. That's probably what bothered me the most is when they were doing that "O-H" thing. I love it "the O-H thing"!!!! That is perfect, not talking trash, just merely stating that he heard that o-h thing and dismissed it and that it bothered him. Hell, if that bothered him wait until he sees them in person, just their stench and general ugliness will bother him too. Ok, cheap shot by me, but it's too easy with O$Ucks fans, it really is like shooting fish in a barrel.
But seriously, part of me is excited that we have a guy that is youg, fiery, a proven winner, and as passionate a coach that there is right now in major college football. I like his innovative offense and the change that he brings with him. But as much as I like all of those things, the offensive scheme concerns me as does the 3-3-5 defense, if they use that here. 3-3-5 is a tough way to win a brutal Big Ten game when the little db's are staring down the throat of a 280 pound fullback or 300 pound lineman. Can he adapt? He sure didn't do to well adapting to what Pitt threw at him this year, in fact the lack of adjustments was very Lloyd-esque (last 2 Rose Bowl's are perfect examples). But he is our coach now and I support him. Honestly, I am glad we didn't hire Ferentz, Schiano, or DeBord (aka DeBoring) because now I don't have to go down to the field every home game and yell and throw things. Now I can relax and enjoy the tailgate, get fired up for what should be an exciting era for Michigan Football, and lose my voice each home game saturday.
Rich Rodriguez has put together a pretty good resume over the last 5 years, going 32-5. But he got off to a bit of a rocky start when he first took over, going 3-8 his first year. He said that there were WVU fans at the airport when he left last night saying things like "Yoiu better not go 3-8 in Ann Arbor" and "O, H" which seemed to confuse the 18th coach in Michigan history. He said "The hecklers let me know that yesterday, as well. That's probably what bothered me the most is when they were doing that "O-H" thing. I love it "the O-H thing"!!!! That is perfect, not talking trash, just merely stating that he heard that o-h thing and dismissed it and that it bothered him. Hell, if that bothered him wait until he sees them in person, just their stench and general ugliness will bother him too. Ok, cheap shot by me, but it's too easy with O$Ucks fans, it really is like shooting fish in a barrel.
But seriously, part of me is excited that we have a guy that is youg, fiery, a proven winner, and as passionate a coach that there is right now in major college football. I like his innovative offense and the change that he brings with him. But as much as I like all of those things, the offensive scheme concerns me as does the 3-3-5 defense, if they use that here. 3-3-5 is a tough way to win a brutal Big Ten game when the little db's are staring down the throat of a 280 pound fullback or 300 pound lineman. Can he adapt? He sure didn't do to well adapting to what Pitt threw at him this year, in fact the lack of adjustments was very Lloyd-esque (last 2 Rose Bowl's are perfect examples). But he is our coach now and I support him. Honestly, I am glad we didn't hire Ferentz, Schiano, or DeBord (aka DeBoring) because now I don't have to go down to the field every home game and yell and throw things. Now I can relax and enjoy the tailgate, get fired up for what should be an exciting era for Michigan Football, and lose my voice each home game saturday.
Labels: bill martin, football, Lloyd Carr, mary sue coleman, michigan, rich rodriguez, west virginia

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home