Michigan-Ohio St. Week
I am pumped for this weeks tilt with the morons from Ohio. I really want the Wolverines to win this game, not because Mike Hart, Chad Henne, and Jake Long came back. Not because Lloyd Carr may be coaching his final game at Michigan Stadium, even though I sincerely hope that if he does resign that it is what he had planned since before the season started and not because of all the football "fans" are crying for him to leave. Coach Carr has been a great coach and has shown remarkable character and resilience this year.
I wrote yesterday that I was hoping that Michigan fan would be civil toward Suckeye fan this Saturday, but then it hit me: we don't like them, but we are civil while they hold 'hate Michigan' parties. It's not unlike Michigan fan playing the role of the equal rights supporter and Suckeye fan playing the role of violent racist. Maybe it is the way they treat our fans when the game is in Ohio. In fact, the entire state of Ohio hates Michigan. I was with 6 other guys at a bachelor party at Put-In-Bay, Ohio and it happened to be when the Pistons were playing the Cavaliers a couple of years ago. When we left the bar there was a fight starting, but we got in the cab anyway and went back to our rental. We were at the bar again the next night and we found out that Cav fan beat Piston fan so badly that Piston fan had to be airlifted off the island. On our last night there, we were back at the bar again and the band started playing to the Ohi-ons hatred and started playing songs that, as a Michgan fan, pissed me off. There was some pushing and shoving but that was the extent of the violence that I saw. But my point is, it seems that the creatures from Ohio are at war with people from Michigan. I don't want to believe that this is still over Toledo, but regardless of when or how the dislike started it has taken different paths in the two states. Here in Michigan we feel that we are superior to the Suckeyes, which of course we are, but they view it from a different angle than we do. They hate us, not just as Wolverines or Spartys, but also Chippewas, Hurons errrrr Eagels, and Broncos. They don't just dislike us, they hate us in the same way Skinheads hate non-whites.
My point here is that this is just a football game after all, this isn't one state forcefully overtaking another. While there are always bragging rights at stake and usually the Big Ten Championship, it is a game.
There, so I have rationalized and labeled this for what it is, but having said that if any of those morons pull any of their typical crap, I won't stand for it.
Rowdy Time
This Saturday is when The Big House needs to be rocking like it hasn't been rocking since '97. Our guys need us to be loud as hell, and then some, to help motivate them and give them that little extra push on the field. I saw 20,000 fans will the Red Wings to a 2-1 Stanley Cup clincher against the Flyers, imagine what 111,000+ can do this weekend. As fans, we owe it to this team to make it absolutely deafening when the Suckeyes have the ball. We are the underdog this week, by 4 1/2 points, and if there is one thing that is dangerous in football it is the home dog. I know I called for a specific score yesterday, but this reinforces my belief that Michigan will end this 3 game losing streak against the Suckeyes. We are the Victors and best. GO BLUE!!!
I wrote yesterday that I was hoping that Michigan fan would be civil toward Suckeye fan this Saturday, but then it hit me: we don't like them, but we are civil while they hold 'hate Michigan' parties. It's not unlike Michigan fan playing the role of the equal rights supporter and Suckeye fan playing the role of violent racist. Maybe it is the way they treat our fans when the game is in Ohio. In fact, the entire state of Ohio hates Michigan. I was with 6 other guys at a bachelor party at Put-In-Bay, Ohio and it happened to be when the Pistons were playing the Cavaliers a couple of years ago. When we left the bar there was a fight starting, but we got in the cab anyway and went back to our rental. We were at the bar again the next night and we found out that Cav fan beat Piston fan so badly that Piston fan had to be airlifted off the island. On our last night there, we were back at the bar again and the band started playing to the Ohi-ons hatred and started playing songs that, as a Michgan fan, pissed me off. There was some pushing and shoving but that was the extent of the violence that I saw. But my point is, it seems that the creatures from Ohio are at war with people from Michigan. I don't want to believe that this is still over Toledo, but regardless of when or how the dislike started it has taken different paths in the two states. Here in Michigan we feel that we are superior to the Suckeyes, which of course we are, but they view it from a different angle than we do. They hate us, not just as Wolverines or Spartys, but also Chippewas, Hurons errrrr Eagels, and Broncos. They don't just dislike us, they hate us in the same way Skinheads hate non-whites.
My point here is that this is just a football game after all, this isn't one state forcefully overtaking another. While there are always bragging rights at stake and usually the Big Ten Championship, it is a game.
There, so I have rationalized and labeled this for what it is, but having said that if any of those morons pull any of their typical crap, I won't stand for it.
Rowdy Time
This Saturday is when The Big House needs to be rocking like it hasn't been rocking since '97. Our guys need us to be loud as hell, and then some, to help motivate them and give them that little extra push on the field. I saw 20,000 fans will the Red Wings to a 2-1 Stanley Cup clincher against the Flyers, imagine what 111,000+ can do this weekend. As fans, we owe it to this team to make it absolutely deafening when the Suckeyes have the ball. We are the underdog this week, by 4 1/2 points, and if there is one thing that is dangerous in football it is the home dog. I know I called for a specific score yesterday, but this reinforces my belief that Michigan will end this 3 game losing streak against the Suckeyes. We are the Victors and best. GO BLUE!!!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home